WHAT: Informational meeting regarding GPSD Bond Measure 17.84
WHEN: Tuesday, March 20th at 6:00 PM
WHERE: Grants Pass High School Library (second floor of the Main Building)
The District will be presenting factual information about Measure 17.84 that will be on the May Ballot. This is a proposed $138.7 million General Obligation Bond Measure to construct and renovate school facilities.
Improve districtwide student/staff safety and security:
● Update doors, door locking mechanisms;
● Improve emergency alert systems;
● Update Camera Systems.
Relieve overcrowding and provide capacity to meet projected enrollment needs:
● Replace North Middle at current location;
● Build new South Middle adjacent to Redwood Elementary;
● Renovate existing South Middle to be used as an Alternative Education Site, Youth Transition Program site and house other District programs.
Protect Community Investment in existing facilities:
● Replace old boilers with new HVAC units to provide adequate heating/cooling and sufficient air flow and air exchange;
● Replace failing electrical panels; expand electrical service at Allen Dale, Highland, and Riverside elementary schools;
● Replace windows at Allen Dale, Highland, and Riverside to provide greater energy efficiency;
● Replace flooring containing asbestos at Allen Dale, Highland, and Riverside;
● Replace failing roofs at Lincoln and Redwood elementary schools.
Create 21st Century Learning Environments
● Upgrade technology infrastructure at all schools;
● Purchase new and replacement technology devices for students and staff;
● Create flexible learning spaces to support current and future teaching and learning strategies and better prepare students for careers after high school or college.
The proposed bond would mature within 30 years or less from its date of issuance and is estimated to cost $1.95 per $1,000 of assessed property value per year. The actual rate may differ based upon growth in assessed values and interest rates incurred.