Southern Oregon Citizens’ Climate Lobby
This will be both an in-person and zoom event!
Please wear a mask if attending in person!
DATE: Saturday, December 11th
TIME: 10:00 a.m
LOCATION: Washington Federal Bank, Plaza West at First Place, 175 Lithia Way Ste 100, Ashland, OR 97520
(Also on Zoom)
All are welcome!
The Special Speaker on the Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) National Call: Isatis Cintrón Rodríguez, CCL Latin America Regional Coordinator. To learn more and download the CCL December Action Sheet, click here
The plan and format for our meeting will be as follows:
10:00 a.m. We will watch the National Call. Please bring a laptop or share one with another.
10:45 a.m. (following National Call) Southern Oregon Chapter will hold our meeting.
Citizens’ Climate International had a major presence at the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow, Scotland, and Isatis Cintrón Rodriguez was a big part of that presence. The Latin America Regional Coordinator for CCI and a CCI founding board member, Isatis addressed the High-Level Segment of the COP26 negotiations in Glasgow on the value of stakeholders’ active participation in the design and implementation of climate policy. She’ll talk about her work at COP26 and how people affected by climate change can have input into solving the problem. In addition to her work with CCI, Isatis is a doctoral candidate in cryospheric science at Rutgers University.
To connect by video conference, go to this link (Note: This links to Zoom ID# 506546267)
For a livestream, go to this link.
10: am – Watch National Call
10:45 a.m. or whenever National Call ends – Start Local Chapter meeting
* Responses to and discussion about National Call and Special Speaker
* Good news! Celebrating the end of Jordan Cove!
* Review of COP26
* Local efforts to move political will
* An overview of Doughnut Economics: Bringing ethics into economics
12:00: End of meeting
1. Call our Senators and ask that they include a Price on Carbon in the Budget Resolution.
2. Call our House Representative and ask that they support carbon pricing!
3. Write President Joe Biden and ask him to support carbon pricing.
4. Spread the word! Ask friends, family and others to call congress now and ask to include a price on carbon in the budget reconciliation package.
5. Write Letters to the Editor in support of Carbon Pricing!
6. Talk to an Ashland business owner about supporting a price on carbon!
Take action right now!
Call your representative and ask that they support a price on carbon! click here
Attend a one-hour live CCL Informational Session given every Wednesday, 5pm, or watch a video recording on your own time. Click here
Contact Southern Oregon Citizens’ Climate Lobby:
Meg Jefferson, co-leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dylan Hinson, co-leader, email@example.com, 503-537-0626
For more information, visit: