Be a Precinct Committee Person!
To be a Democratic Party PCP you must: be a registered Democrat, either be elected in a Primary or request to be appointed by the party between elections, and live in the precinct you represent or one adjacent to it.
To be eligible for election, you must be registered with the Democratic Party for at least 180 days before the deadline for filing a certificate of candidacy and use the official State form to file as a PCP candidate. File with the Josephine County Clerk at the County Elections Office, located in the Courthouse at 500 NW 6th St, Grants Pass. Your name will appear on the appropriate Primary ballots.
PCP numbers are allocated by population of each precinct: two for every 500 electors. Positions remaining open after the election may be filled by appointment by the JCDCC. Contact us to request consideration for appointment.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of PCPs:
- Represent the Party at the Precinct level.
- Together with other PCPs rally support for the Party in his/her precinct.
- Elect officers of the JCDCC (only PCPs elected in the May primary)
- Participate in the meetings of the JCDCC, Standing and Special Committees.
- Select delegates and alternates to Congressional District Committees and the State Central Committee.
- Promote the interests of the Party as identified in the County, State, and National Platforms.
- Work to elect Democratic Party nominees.
514 NE 7th St (corner 7th and C)
Grants Pass, OR 97526